Privacy and Cookies Policy
Gecko Swimwear is a Products Online Store.
The provision of personal data in the context of navigation on the Site implies knowledge and express acceptance of the conditions contained in this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Collection and processing of personal data
1 – Gecko Swimwear
Gecko Swimwear is responsible for handling the personal data of Users collected through the Site, which will be treated under the terms now described, as well as for the purpose of complying with the company’s legal and regulatory obligations.
2 – Use of the Site
Access and navigation on the Site does not necessarily imply the provision of personal data.
However, there are certain features on the Site that imply the provision of personal data (for example, if you want to submit a contact form to formulate your questions and suggestions or place an order).
3 – Identification and contact details
If you wish to contact our Store through the Site, we will collect a set of personal data, which is processed to respond to your request / question / share / thanks / complaint / suggestion.
For this purpose, the following personal data are collected in the contact form: name, e-mail, telephone, date of birth, TIN and the subject of your request. These data are mandatory, otherwise it will not be possible to process your request and give you an answer.
In this context, an open field is also available where you can expose your request / question / complaint / suggestion, where other personal data may be spontaneously provided by you.
Use of Personal Data
1 – The Store processes personal data for the purposes of managing contacts with Users, namely with a view to responding to their requests / questions / complaints / suggestions.
2 – The treatment of Users’ personal data, collected through the contact form, constitutes, as applicable, a necessary treatment for the execution of a contract to which the data subject is a party (with the Store) or a pre-contractual diligence at the request of the data subject – this being the legal basis for the processing of your data.
Sharing of Personal Data
1 – The Store undertakes not to share any personal data with third parties without the client’s prior consent.
2 – The Store may also transmit Users’ personal data to third parties, when such data communications are necessary or appropriate (i) in the light of the applicable law, (ii) in compliance with legal obligations / court orders, (iii) by determination the National Data Protection Commission or other competent supervisory authority, or (iv) to respond to requests from public or government authorities.
Retention of personal data
The personal data collected necessary for the purpose of responding to your requests / questions / complaints / suggestions will be kept for the period strictly necessary for that purpose, and can always be kept, in case of pending litigation, until the final decision becomes final. to the cause.
1 – Like most websites, in order for these to work correctly, we occasionally install small files called cookies or connection testimonials on your computer.
3 – Cookies – What are they?
Cookies are small information files that are stored on your computer or mobile device through the browser. These files allow the Site to “remember” your actions and preferences for a certain period of time, namely the username, the chosen language, the size of the characters and other display settings. That is why when you browse the pages of a website or application or return to a website or application that you have already visited, you do not, in principle, have to re-indicate your preferences.
4 – Cookies – What are they for?
5 – Cookies – What type of cookies are there?
There are several types of cookies. Considering the lifetime of cookies, these can be:
- Permanent cookies – these are cookies that are stored, even after closing the browser, on your access devices (PC, mobile and tablet) and that are used whenever you make a new visit to the Site. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user’s interests, allowing us to provide a more personalized service.
- Session cookies – are temporary cookies that remain in your browser’s cookie file until you leave the website or application. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze traffic patterns on the web, allowing us to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
Considering, in turn, the domain to which they belong, cookies can be:
- Own cookies – are cookies sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a device or domain managed by the Store and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies – cookies sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a device or domain that is not managed by the Store, but by another entity that handles the data collected through cookies.
6 – Cookies – How and for what purposes do we use them?
This website uses several types of cookies to provide you with a better browsing experience:
Essential Cookies (mandatory)
Essential cookies for the proper functioning of the Store’s website. The information obtained through these cookies allows us to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
Performance and Statistics Cookies
Cookies that allow statistical analysis of the navigation that is made on the Store’s website, anonymously, in order to improve your browsing experience. Handled by us or partner companies.
- Google Analytics
- _ga Used to distinguish users. They are used anonymously for the purpose of creating and analyzing statistics related to the use of websites or applications, in order to improve their functioning
- _ga_ # Used by Google Analytics to remember the number of times a user visited the site, as well as the dates of the first and most recent visit
- _gat Used by Google Analytics to limit the rate of requests.
- _gid Used to distinguish users. They are used anonymously for the purpose of creating and analyzing statistics related to the use of websites or applications, in order to improve their functioning
- Google Maps – this website uses the Google Maps application, which presupposes the use, by Google, of anonymous cookies that determine the number of unique users of this API (Application Programming Interface). Google also accumulates statistics in relation to the types of features used through the “Maps” product.
Cookies that enable the integration of third party content. These cookies allow us to display only the content or advertising that is most relevant to you.
- fr Used by Facebook to provide a variety of advertising products, such as real-time bidding. The “fr” cookie is used to show, measure and improve the relevance of the ads.
- _fbp The “_fbp” cookie identifies browsers for the purpose of providing ad and website analysis services tr Used to see how many people act on and which Facebook ads led to a conversion.
- data Identifies the browser that is connecting to Facebook.
- NID – Google – Registers a unique ID that identifies the device of a returning user. The ID is used for targeted ads. Most Google users will have a preference cookie called “NID” in their browsers. A browser sends this cookie with requests to Google sites. The NID cookie contains a unique ID that Google uses to store as your preferences and other information, such as your preferred language (for example, English), how many search results you want to display per page (for example, 10 or 20) and whether you want to enable the Google SafeSearch filter.
- _gcl_au – Google Tag Manager – Used by Google AdSense to experiment and improve the efficiency of advertising on sites that use its services.
- IDE – Google – Used by Google DoubleClick to record and report the user’s actions on the site after viewing or clicking on one of the advertiser’s ads in order to measure the effectiveness of an ad and display targeted ads to the user.
- pagead / landing – Google Inc. – Gathers data on visitor behavior from various sites in order to present a more relevant ad – This also allows the site to limit the number of times the same ad is displayed.
- test_cookie – Google – Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.
- ads / ga-audiences – Google – Used by Google AdWords to re-engage with visitors who are likely to convert into customers, based on the visitor’s online behavior on other websites.
- pagead / 1p-user-list / # – Google – Tracks whether the user has shown interest in specific products or events on multiple sites and detects how the user navigates between the sites. This is used to measure advertising efforts and facilitates the payment of referral fees between sites.
They allow you to save your preferences for viewing and using the Store website to provide you with a personalized browsing experience.
7 – Cookies – How to use?
By changing the settings of your computer or mobile device, the user of the websites or applications can activate or deactivate the acceptance of cookies.
Alternatively, you can change your cookie preferences at any time.
All browsers allow the respective user to accept, refuse or delete cookies, namely by selecting the appropriate settings in the respective browser. The user can, therefore, configure his browser to inform whenever a cookie is received or even disable its acceptance, however the Store warns that this may partially affect the use of some of the Site’s features, without having a navigation , on our website, improved and personalized.
If your browser’s privacy setting is set to “High”, you will not be able to access some of the features and may be prevented from using all the features of our websites or applications to the full. To resolve this issue, add our Internet address www.geckoswimwear.com to the list of allowed websites in your browser’s privacy settings.
If you are accessing our Site through a corporate computer and are unable to access it, the problem may be with the computer’s corporate security settings. We recommend that you contact your system administrator.
8 – Other tracking technologies – Web beacons
Store uses a digital analytics tool to provide support in understanding what are the effective contents, for example, by counting users, in an aggregated and anonymous way, who have visited those pages. Web beacons consist of small graphics with a unique identifier, whose function is similar to cookies, and which are used so that you can always know when certain content is viewed. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the user’s computer, web beacons are invisibly embedded in web pages. The Store can thus correlate the data collected by web beacons with other data that the Store has collected.
1 – Under the terms of the applicable legislation, you can request, at any time, access to personal data that concern you, as well as its rectification, elimination or limitation of its treatment, the portability of your data, or oppose to your treatment. You can exercise these rights by writing to the Store, to the address Praceta D.Nuno Álvares Pereira 18 Sala FQ , 4450-213 Matosinhos or by contacting our Store using the contact form, selecting the subject “Data Protection”.
2 – You can also obtain confirmation that the personal data that concerns you are subject to treatment, as well as access to them. If required, a copy of the data in the treatment stage may be made available to you.
3 – You also have the right, under the terms of the applicable legislation, to request the limitation of the processing or the portability of your data, subject to the legally provided conditions. For this purpose, you must submit a request to the contacts referred to in 1.
1 – The Store guarantees privacy and security in the transmission of User data using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption of all information exchanged with the Store, via the internet.
2 – In addition, the Store affirms, for this purpose, that it has and will keep in operation all the technical means at its disposal to avoid the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access and improper appropriation of the personal data provided or transmitted. In any case, it should be noted that, by circulating the data on an open internet network, it is not possible to completely eliminate the risk of unauthorized access and use, so the User must implement appropriate security measures when browsing the Site.
Third party pages
Without prejudice to any other means of administrative or judicial appeal, the User is entitled to submit a complaint to the National Data Protection Commission or other competent supervisory authority under the terms of the law, if he believes that the treatment of his data by the Store violates the legal regime in force at all times.
If you have any questions related to the processing of your personal data and the exercise of the rights conferred on you by the applicable legislation and, in particular, referred to in this Policy, contact us using the contact form, selecting the subject “Data Protection”.
However, whenever relevant changes are made to the User in terms of cookies, he will again see a pop-up window so that, depending on the type of cookie in question, he can access the information and / or consent to its use and storage.